Monday, October 1, 2012

A crazy week of buying and painting

Sorry, I haven't blogged anything in a while. It has been a crazy week of buying and painting. Right after we moved to the Outer Banks I seen a add on Craigslist for a craft and yard sale. Well, sign me up :-) But of course I sold everything I had painted in Joplin. So the hunt began. Yard sales, thrift stores anywhere and everywhere I could go. The pieces I found were amazing. We found a little studio to paint in and I also painted under my house. Painting under the house was wonderful. Paint a little, go for a walk on the beach. It was inspirational.



Here are some of these pieces painted. I use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I think the closest place to buy the paint here is 2 1/2 hours away. I am so glad I brought a bunch of cans from Missouri with me.


I love LOVE love this buffet! Very beachy and people loved it in person. I love it and want to keep it.


Another crazy piece. It is a newer made TV console. That thing is sooooo heavy.



This empire chest is amazing.






The sale was wonderful. I sold a few piece and handed out a lot of business cards. Meet a lot of nice people. One man drove by our space and rolled down his window and said I have been watching your furniture on the Internet-Great Job! It was well worth the crazy week.
This week I need to unpack more. I still have a lot of boxes in the house. And hopefully I can take a few pictures of my favorite houses by the beach to show you all. Have a blessed day...........

1 comment:

  1. Well you don't waste any time girl!! I love it all and I'm so happy for you! You go girl! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete